Supporting GOLD (Organ Donation Awareness Charity)
ELC Associates is pledging its support to Gift of Life Donations (GOLD), a national UK charity whose mission is to raise awareness of organ donation amongst the Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) community.
Renal failure has affected ELC Associates that’s why the organisation is keen initiatives that support blood and organ donation in the UK.
Director Adetayo Idowu said: “Kidney failure is a massive issue within the BME community. With a combination of lifestyle, diet and culture being the main causes. This has led to a very high number of BME requiring kidney transplants. However the number of organs donated by the BME is woefully low. (Only 21,000 of BME organ donors compared to 20 million of the general population.”
He continues, “That’s why we’ve made a commitment to provide our marketing and PR expertise pro bono towards GOLD’s organ donation campaigns with the aim of doubling the number of BME people on the organ donor register within the next two years.
Our activities to date include:
- Outdoor organ donor awareness and fundraising in partnership with Tesco’s supermarket
- Development and launch of GOLD’s charity website
- Development and launch of Teens For Donor Awareness (a project of GOLD)
- PR and media relations to promote Capital City school (Harlesden, London) school and community poster competition. Setting up press interviews writing press releases, arranging photo opportunities and collaborating with influencers etc.
- Creation of community organ donor awareness marketing marketing material. (Another GOLD initiative)
- Develop of social media profile and maintenance of social media marketing efforts (continuous).
If you want to support GOLD’s work or join the organ donor register head over to http://www.morethanamatch.co.uk/